With the summer heating up, here’s a few pool tips to keep your water clear and algae free.
1. Test your water chemistry every 3 days.
2. Shock your pool weekly at the rate of 1 bag chlorine shock per 10,000 gallons, or 1/4 bottle Baquacil Oxidizer per 10,000 gals.
3. Make sure you are using some sort of Algaecide program and add weekly or according to instructions.
a. For maintenance purposes add 2 to 4 ounces of Haviland Combat 60 or 1 pint of baquacil CDX per 10,000 gallons weekly.
b. Chlorine customers wishing to only add algaecide every 90 days can add 1 bottle of Combat Extra per 20,000 gallons.
c. Frog customers can instead use 1 bottle of BAM per 15,000 gallons every 90 days.
4. Keep your eye on alkalinity and pH. Algae loves high pH and afternoon thunderstorms can reek havoc on your alkalinity levels (which lets your pH get out of control).
5. Pools Patios & Porches provides FREE water testing and analysis to help you troubleshoot cloudy or green water.