With many areas impacted by severe storms it is good to know how to maintain your pool when this happens. Here’s a good checklist to use:
– Check water level and adjust accordingly – leave at middle of skimmer or slightly higher.
– Balance water chemistry – Calcium, Stabilizer, pH and Alkalinity. PP&P offers FREE water testing.
– Remove all debris from solar cover or pool, and empty skimmer baskets, as quickly as possible. Use a leaf rake to scoop debris from the bottom of your pool – do NOT use your automatic pool cleaner to remove large debris.
– Check pump strainer basket for any debris and empty.
– Shock pool once weekly, or after a storm if large amount of debris.
– If there is damage, take pictures of everything – including the pool, the equipment and all damage – just in case something doesn’t develop until 30 days down the road.