Summer is in full gear and many people are going on vacation. Pools require some maintaining even during vacations. But its not hard to do. Here’s a checklist to help you out:
– Test water and balance all chemicals
– Shock the pool at a level of 1.5 times the normal dose per 10,000 gallons.
– Reload your santizer, whether chlorine tablets or Baquacil
– Add algaecide – either Baquacil algaecide/CDX, or Combat Extra for chlorine pools.
– Remove solar blanket before going on vacation. This time of year it will overheat the water and lead to algae blooms.
– Make sure water level is at least half way up the skimmer.
– Remove or secure all umbrellas.
– Stack all furniture or move closer to the house.
– Remove all toys, floats, and maintenance items (particularly poles) from pool area. Check and empty all skimmers.
– Any questions, call Pools Patios & Porches. We also offer vacation sitting if no one is available to watch your pool.